It's Time To Give Yourself Permission to Do the Thing You Love...

There is absolutely no shame in admitting to yourself that you are fumbling through your life pretending that you don't feel completely lost.  The truth is, everyone feels this way.  If someone tells you that they don't - they aren't being honest with themselves. 

Someone once told me that the road of life isn't straight and smooth, there are bumps and curves.  If someone claims the path is smooth, it's not a true and authentic journey.  Pretty wise advice.  So I give you permission to just say what's in your heart and soul.

I'll start.

Guys - 95% of the time I am a hot mess who doesn't know which way is up or down.  I'm just trying to do the very best that I can do. 

This blog and journey all came about because I finally had to admit to myself that I was completely lost, miserable and frankly, no longer knew who I was.  I couldn't take one more minute of faking it until I make it.  It took some soul searching to get me here, but here I am.

And you can be here too.  I'm here to help that happen.

Enter the Don't Keep Your Day Job Podcast.  This is what saved my life.  Maybe that's a little dramatic.  But it certainly helped. 

It's initial target was creatives and entrepreneurs.  But you don't have to be either of those to appreciate the message.  It's about being lost and needing to find that inner purpose and joy.  It's about finding what what is missing in your life.  It's about loving yourself and giving yourself permission to do the things that make spark your passion and make you truly happy.

I actually wrote myself a letter giving myself permission to do the things that made me happy.

Do you need evidence?  Let's look at what I have accomplished in just six short months.

I started my blog on January 23, writing pretty much for no one but myself.  Shortly after that I told a very selective couple of people (mainly those that live in my house).  Then I launched my facebook page, instagram and started to develop what is becoming an actual brand. I started creating motivational content including Wednesday Words of Wisdom and video blogs.   

I put purple highlights in my hair just because I could.  I took the day off for my birthday and spent it doing fun activities with my family without any care in the world. 

I wrote an amazing letter to the St. Louis Blues that helped rally the city and went crazy viral.  I made people cry.  People called me talented and eloquent.  I wrote another one and got an invite to be a guest writer for a Blues Blog. 

And this was all in less than six months time.  I can't wait to look back on December 31st and see how much I have grown.

I have so much more that I want to do.  Things I want to do with you.  I'm excited for the day that I can start working on these plans with all of you.   

And here comes one of the first. 

Cathy Heller, the host of the podcast Don't Keep Your Day Job, has written a book that is coming out in November.  If you are feeling now like I was feeling a year ago then this opportunity is just for you.

I'm going to do a book club for this book.  It will be virtual in a secure, private facebook group so you can participate at your own speed in a place where you are surrounded by like minded, non-judging people.  We will do this together - no one should ever have to try to find their purpose alone. 

This will be the perfect way to start planning for your 2020 goals.  Preorder the book now from your favorite book distributor in your preferred format.  The book will automatically be shipped to you to have in hand the day that it comes out. 

As soon as the book arrives at our doors or in our e-readers we will start working through it together.  Each chapter ends with thought provoking questions that we will discuss.  We will help each other head into the New Year with our heads held high and ready to face our future.

You know you want to be a part of this amazing opportunity and I want you to feel the inner magic that this will provide for you.  There are already some amazing souls who have signed up and would love more incredible people to share in this journey.

So what you need to do:

1)  Tell me you want to join our journey via comment, email or facebook
2)  Give yourself permission to put yourself and your dreams first - write it out!
3)  Preorder the book in the format of your chose from the retailer of your choice 
4)  Join our private facebook group
5)  Get a head start by listening to a few episodes of the podcast

I can't wait to do this with you!


Comments

  1. I'm hoping to join, but I'm not sure how. Desperately needing a new compass in life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karynrg2 - send a request to join to this link on facebook and we will get you all take care of!

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/333730003999171

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts