Let's Find Your Magic...

I have created this space as a place to inspire magic in others and in myself.  My goal each day is to live a truly magical life.  I want everyone in the world to show up every day and "bring the magic." 

It occurred to me that I haven't really explained exactly what any of that means.  And despite my love of Mr. Potter and Professor Snape, it doesn't have a thing to do with Hogwarts.

A couple of months ago, I shared with you the story of how I lost my magic.  Or rather, how some retail executives decided to rip the magic from my hands and the hands of several of my friends - also known as my magical family - when they closed the children's store where we all worked. 

In the store that we worked, they had a customer service motto - you guessed it - MAGIC.  It was an acronym.  Because I'm not sure how proprietary it is, I won't go into the acronym and what it stood for - it wasn't super relevant anyway.  What is relevant was the way that it inspired me.

Magic is different for everyone. 

Magic is a deep feeling that resides in the very depths of your soul.  It is inspired by those things that you live for.  Those things that you would die for.  It is a feeling of complete and utter joy - even when it is exhausting, stressful or annoying.  It's a positivity that you can't explain.  It's a passion that drives you.  It's a need that is hard to comprehend.

Magic is what makes you hum or whistle.  What makes you smile when you have no reason to smile.  A light in the fog.  Magic is the music of your heart and the air in your lungs.  Magic is what makes you truly happy - so happy that you can't put it into words.

Magic is that greater purpose for the space you take up on this planet.  It is your meaning.  Your why.  It is the answer to all of your life's questions.

Magic is the gift that you were put in this world to share with those around you.  A gift you were given to impact others.  A gift you were given to spread like wild fire.  Magic is your greater purpose.  That one thing that you have that no one else does.  Your meaning.  Your why.  Magic is the answer to all of your life's questions.

I found my magic in that store.  I learned so much about myself, about others and about what was really important in life.  I have a need to share my magic with others.  My magic is a connection that I share that has a positive impact on the lives of those around me.  Not just the lives of those I love, but of those I don't even know.  That my small impact could have a larger impact. 

My magic is to embody all of these things and put them out into the world like a pebble in a lake that ripples into the horizon.  This is why each day I remind myself to bring the magic.  It's who I am. 


Comments

Popular Posts