Please allow me to introduce myself...

Before I get too deep into anything, allow me to take a moment to give a little background on who I am - because the following facts may come up from time to time:
  • I am an average woman in her early 40s.
  • I have a daughter and a husband - they came to me in that order.  They are my entire world and I will drop anything for either of them.  
  • I am pretty close with the rest of my family too. '
  • I have a cat who is part demon.  I love him and all his faults.  
  • I work in a job that provides consulting services for nonprofits.  It's not super exciting.  But I do enjoy it.  
  • I also sometimes work in retail.  I have far more retail stories to share with you than consultant stories - brace yourself - these are coming.  There is much to learn from retail.  
  • I love theatre - especially of the musical variety.  I always spell it like that unless I am talking about going to the movies.  I actually have a bucket list of Broadway stars that I want to meet.  Sure - Lin Manuel is on it - but he's pretty unattainable so he's not at the top.  Sutton Foster, Christian Borle and Jeremy Jordan ARE at the top.  
  • I have extremely versatile musical tastes.  I often randomly quote song lyrics.  People usually don't notice.  Sometimes I quote movies or tv shows as well.  People usually don't catch that either.  Oy with the poodles already.
  • In a DiSC Personality assessment my natural and adapted styles are both HIGH S for Steadiness - meaning I am gentile, accommodating and soft-hearted.  My analysis also said to NEVER EVER present information to me out of order.
  • Myers Briggs says that I am an INFJ.  My coworkers disagree with my I - one went so far as to say "I don't care what the test said - it's wrong."  Being an I doesn't always mean what everyone thinks that it means.  Ironically, my sister is a ESTP.  Raised in the same house by the same parents and have completely different personality traits. And yet we are super close.
  • The way to my heart always involves gingerbread.  Gingerbread houses, gingerbread boys, gingerbread bread, gingerbread lattes.  I'm not picky.  Gingerbread boys should be considered a year-round opportunity cookie - they are very versatile and overlooked.
  • My favorite scent is garlic.  I'm pretty sure I was licked by an Italian as a small child and gained a pasta gene through osmosis because I don't like German or Irish food.  I also hate beer.   
  • I believe pineapple does belong on pizza.
  • I love coffee and sweet white wine.  On the same day is okay.  At the same time is not.
  • I don't generally like red wine.  It tastes red.  I do like red starburst.  They also taste red.  But good red.  
  • Sometimes I like to type in all lowercase letters. I would like to think that this makes me cool and edgy like ee cummings - but I really am just too lazy sometimes to hit the shift key. 
Any questions?


Comments

Popular Posts